A recent YouGov poll shows that 51% of Americans have an American flag at home. If you’re one of those Americans and want to display your flag with pride and style, a telescoping flagpole is a way to go.
When it comes to a flagpole outside your home, you want something easy to install. Flagpole Farm flagpole kits make flying the stars and stripes a breeze!
What Makes The Titan Telescoping Flagpole Different?
The Titan Telescoping Flagpole uses a patented interlocking sleeve system that makes it easy to raise and lower each section and lock the flagpole into place. The telescoping design eliminates the use of a rope and pulley system. The sleeve mechanism provides incredible stability, especially during windy conditions (up to 95 MPH!).
The Kit Comes With Everything You Need
The Titan Telescoping Flagpole comes pre-assembled and the kit includes everything needed for installation (except concrete). The pole comes in 3 colors (bronze/black, light bronze, and silver) that will complement the aesthetic of any lawn. In addition, each Titan Telescoping Flagpole is equipped to fly 2 flags.
Sizes of the Titan Telescoping Flagpole range from 15-25 feet and the flag package has fabric options of nylon or polyester. The Gold Ball ornament and the ground sleeve necessary for installation are also included.
Finally, if you want to show your pride around the clock, the Titan Solar Light is available to keep your flag a-glow from dusk until dawn (with automatic on/off switch!). Most importantly, the Titan Telescoping Flagpole is made in the USA.
How to Install a Titan Flagpole in 8 Easy Steps
Now that you have decided which pole suits you, the flagpole installation process is super easy. Inside the kit is an easy-to-follow installation and operation instruction guide. Installation typically takes approximately an hour.
- Step 1: Dig a hole 14″ in diameter and 28″ deep (roughly the size of a fence post hole).
- Step 2: Shovel 4-6″ of pea gravel into the hole. The pea gravel will allow for water drainage and provides additional support.
- Step 3: Hand tighten the stop bolt through the pre-drilled hole in the ground sleeve.
- Step 4: Mix the concrete of your choice.
- Step 5: Insert the ground sleeve into the gravel while keeping the sleeve at least 1″ above ground level.
- Step 6: Cover the ground sleeve with the red cap provided and shovel the concrete into the hole around the sleeve.
- Step 7: Remove the red cap and use a level to make sure the sleeve is vertical. Use the level in multiple places around the sleeve to ensure accuracy. Replace the red cap to prevent any debris from entering the sleeve.
- Step 8: Let dry for 24 hours, remove the red cap, and erect your flagpole.
As always, contact the local utility protection service in your residential area to mark off the locations of underground utilities and make sure there are no overhead electrical lines before beginning installation.
Operating Your Flagpole in 3 Easy Steps
- Step 1: Attach your flag to the swivel rings
- Step 2: Lift the top section until you feel it catch on to the second section. Once it catches, twist to the right until it locks into place. Repeat this for the next section. The final section will lock into place once fully extended.
- Step 3: To lower, lift, and twist each section in the opposite direction. Remember to lower each section slowly, hand-over-hand, to prevent a “free-fall” of the flagpole sections.
In the event you need to fly your flag at half-mast, simply move your flag from the top rings to the secondary rings. When the pole extends to full height, your flag will display at half-mast.
The Benefits of a Telescoping Flagpole
One of the biggest conveniences of owning a retractable flagpole is the ability to reach the top with ease. Not only does the Titan Flagpole lower to your standing level for convenience, but it also eliminates the use of a ladder that traditional flagpoles require, making replacing an ornament safer and comfortable.
The swivel ring system allows the flags to revolve around the pole 360 degrees to prevent the flag from wrapping around the pole and tangling from the wind.
The only part of the kit that is permanently installed is the ground sleeve. This means, if you change residences, you can take your pole with you. There are additional mounts that will allow you to take the pole with you if you are traveling or tailgating.
In the event of severe weather, the pole can be removed quickly for storage.
The ground sleeve is made from high-quality ABS plastic rather than PVC pipe, which allows it to hold up better in the elements. The anodized aluminum tubes will never rust, corrode or oxidize. The tubes are not painted, which means they will not chip or scratch over time. The sleeve and swivel rings are made from Lexan plastic, an exceptionally durable material that can withstand extreme temperatures.
Maintaining your Titan Telescoping Flagpole is simple. Telescoping flagpoles do not have the rope and pulley system like traditional flagpoles, to raise and lower flags. This means virtually no maintenance and extra parts to replace. You can clean your flagpole simply with soap and water.
Let’s Get Old Glory Flying High
The Titan Telescoping Flagpole by Flagpole Farm is an essential piece of yard decor that allows you to put your pride on display. Our speed of service, easy install, and quality products will allow you to be the envy of your neighborhood in no time. Looking for another flag to pair with Old Glory? We have a variety of flags for every individual!